Volunteering at Blakeford
We rely on our volunteers to help create an exciting and active atmosphere for our residents. We are looking for compassionate and energetic individuals who have a passion for learning and a desire to be involved.
At Blakeford, we provide a welcoming environment for residents, team members, and volunteers. As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to interact with the residents, hear their amazing stories, and develop new friendships. In return, our residents are benefiting from your time and talents. Volunteering also provides many learning opportunities, not only in the senior living field but in any career path. Relationships that you build while volunteering can expand your network and strengthen your communications skills.
Our team greatly appreciates our volunteers. The extra help provided by volunteers gives the team more capacity to complete tasks and allows them to spend more quality time with residents.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who share Blakeford’s core values:
- Community – Nurturing a sense of connection
- Respect – Honoring and valuing every person
- Compassion – Caring from the heart
- Consistency – Always being exemplary
- Innovation – Encouraging the pursuit of limitless possibilities
- Empowerment – Supporting hospitality-inspired solutions
- Integrity – Doing the right thing every time.
Volunteers should be open-minded to everybody and be flexible in working in all levels of care, including independent living, assisted living, and memory care. Professional, energetic, and outgoing are all qualities we look for in volunteers.
What is required?
To become a Blakeford volunteer, you must meet these requirements:
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Fill out an application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 615-665-0666
- Provide references
- Be willing to work all shifts (including weekends and holidays if needed)
- Commit to a timeframe to volunteer
- Complete our interview process
If volunteer position requires one-on-one interaction with residents, you must:
- Complete a background check
- Complete a TB and drug test
If you are selected to be a volunteer, you will be required to:
- Respect our confidentiality values
- Attend volunteer orientation
LIFE ENRICHMENT VOLUNTEER
As a Life Enrichment Volunteer, you’ll be participating in the heart of our community by working closely with residents.
MUSIC & MEMORY VOLUNTEER
If you love music, this may be the opportunity for you. You will provide assistance to residents participating in our Music & Memory program.