Direct Care Staff Supervisor (LPN)
Blakeford at Home is currently accepting applications for a full time Staff Supervisor to manage our in-home Caregiving team. Please see below for full position description.
This position will be required to drive up to 30 miles to make home visits to our clients. Maintaining car insurance at all times is required.
We offer a full benefits package to full time employees including medical/dental/vision and prescription coverage, Life, STD, LTD, 403b with matching up to 4% after one year of service, as well as 21 paid days off per year and many employee recognition programs.
SUMMARY:Will serve as the leader of the in-home care team, a group of caregivers committed to providing the highest quality one-one-one care to Blakeford clients. The Staff Supervisor has a passion for working with older adults, is knowledgeable about the aging process, and is always on the lookout for ways to support a vibrant team. This position will collaborate with team members across the continuum of care in order to promote high quality care delivery. The staff supervisor is someone who knows how to promote a environment where caregivers are eager to work, are committed to their clients, and feel prepared and supported to perform their jobs with excellence.
QUALIFICATIONS:At least 2 years of experience in the field of home care or home health in a supervisory role. An interest in working with older adults as well as those that might require a substantial amount of care. LPN preferred.
- Supervise and lead a team of caregivers who are dedicated to providing high quality home care services.
- Lead effective orientation classes and programs through discussion, demonstration and other tools to excite and prepare a new employee to provide high quality care.
- Maintain a regular schedule of training throughout the year to continue to promote new learning and to empower caregivers with new tools for challenging situations.
- Support all recruitment and retention efforts by evaluating and recommending strategies based on feedback from the with caregiver team.
- Make regular in-home visits to observe caregivers on the job as a key strategy for promoting quality improvement and client satisfaction.
- Be a valuable team member who collaborates with other staff to ensure the organization is operating effectively to meet the needs of its clients.
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner that promotes positive customer relations and a positive image of Blakeford. Handle concerns or complaints about care effectively and promptly and know when to escalate events.
- Utilize technology and software products effectively for documentation and supervision purposes. Look for ways to utilize software and technology that promote efficiency and quality.
- Maintain appropriate records of work and participate in performance improvement efforts.
- Attend employee in-service sessions as required.
- Interact with supervisor, managers and all co-workers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships.
- Demonstrate dependability in attendance and punctuality, and timely completion of assignments.
- Adhere to policies and practices as explained in the employee handbook and in all other materials provided at orientation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time