We are currently accepting applications for a full time security guard. This position will be full time working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 4:30pm to 8:00am. Please see below for a full position description.
We reward our full time team members with a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, LTD, STD, life, and 403b as well as 21 paid days off per year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Security Guard:
- Conducts surveillance of the grounds, parking lots, and building interior, as per assigned schedule.
- Conducts routine checks to ensure appropriate areas are secured.
- Maintains open communication with residents and employees to ensure the security of the facility.
- Acts and responds appropriately to all incidents/occurrences within the facility.
- Responds to emergency calls and fire alarms, as needed and reacts appropriately to the situation.
- Accurately and objectively reports unusual incidents/occurrences verbally and/or in writing.
- Interacts with co-workers, physicians, residents and all other customers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the facility and promotes positive customer relations.
- Supports the facility’s mission statement by dependability in attendance, punctuality, maintaining confidentiality, the timely completion of assignments, and attention to principles of professional ethics and quality service.
- Has a commitment to professional and personal growth through development of skills and knowledge, as well as improvement in the facility’s performance.
- Ensures the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all residents is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned by the Security Supervisor or Director of Plant Operations.
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP:
Receives general guidance; operates within departmental or facility guidelines using independent judgement in achieving objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
Certified “Unarmed Guard” by the State of Tennessee, Department of Commerce and Insurance.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to residents, and other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standard situations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour