Phase Three Changes for Independent Living Starting Thursday, October 1:
We will begin allowing limited guest visitation into Independent Living under the following parameters:
- Visitation days will alternate for each tower. See the schedule for your tower’s designated visitation days for the next two weeks of Phase Three.
- You may have two (2) adult (over the age of 18) guests visit on your designated day.
- Visitation will be allowed from 9:00 am until 7:00 pm. We ask that all visitors be out of the building by 7:00 pm.
- Given the inability of children to comply with safety procedures (distancing, mask, etc.) we are waiting for a future phase to allow children to visit the community.
- All guests (as well as yourself) are required to wear a mask at all times. We highly encourage you and your guest to keep your masks on when interacting in your apartment to mitigate your risk.
- All guests must the building at the main entrance and complete the Entry Screening Protocol at the Guest Registration Kiosk. (Note: The screening questions relate to the guest’s recent exposure to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and air travel within the past 14-days. If any answers prompt additional investigation into their responses, a member of Blakeford’s management team will respond and initiate an additional protocol to ensure the guest is safe to enter the community. If your guest is not permitted to enter the community, they will be notified at that time and asked to come back when they are able to meet the criteria
- Guests will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the building and after signing in at the Registration Kiosk.
- Guests will be required to have their temperature taken and logged into the Registration Kiosk.
- Guests will be restricted to visitation in your apartment and on the outside grounds. Guests will not be allowed in any other common area spaces including the dining room.
- All residents and guests will be required to comply with community policies related to social distancing and any other guidelines related to COVID-19.
We will increase the number of concurrent appointments in the IL salon from one (1) to two (2) under the following conditions:
- You are required to wear a mask during your appointment.
- You are required to have your temperature taken at the Front Entry Screening area before your appointment.
Transportation will be expanded to include routine medical appointments and to grocery shopping at Kroger as follows:
- Call the Resident and Guest Services team at 615-665-3500 to schedule your medical appointment.
- One person/married couple at a time can be transported in the vehicles and drivers will be waiting at the appointment through conclusion. You must wear a mask while in the car and ride in the back seat.
- Kroger trips will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning at 1:00 pm. We will transport one resident/married couple at a time to Kroger in succession until all residents are at the store. We will repeat this process in reverse to bring everyone back. All residents must return to Blakeford by 4:00 pm. You must wear a mask while in the car and ride in the back seat and while shopping in the store.
Scarlett Nail Care Service
For Independent Living residents who previously used Scarlett Nails and had a regular appointment, Crystal Mesick has already contacted you or soon will be to schedule an appointment. If you have not previously used Scarlett Nails and would like to do so, you can contact Crystal directly at 615-289-2628.
Phase Three Changes for Independent Living Starting Wednesday, October 7:
The main dining room will reopen for lunch and dinner service (breakfast will remain on a to-go basis only) under the following conditions:
- Both lunch and dinner will have two (2) seating times as follows:
- Lunch – 11:00 am and 12:30 pm
- Dinner – 5:00 pm and 6:30 pm
- Meal time will be one (1) hour with a 30-minute sanitation of the dining room occurring between each meal time.
- Reservations will be required due to limited seating capacity. See below for information on how to make your reservation.
- For appropriate social distancing, only two (2) residents will be allowed per table with appropriate distancing between tables.
- We will provide only table service
General Dining Room guidelines:
- No guests will be allowed to dine in the venue at this time.
- Sanitize your hands before entering and upon exit.
- Please wear your mask unless you are actively eating.
- Staff will wear gloves and masks during meal service.
NOTE: For those that want to continue to receive meals in their apartment rather than go to the dining room, we will continue to provide room service delivery of all meals without additional charge. The room service ordering and delivery process will remain the same as it is now.
Other Services and Common Area Updates and Reminders
- You are required to wear a mask any time you leave your apartment.
- If you are noticed or reported to be repeatedly non-compliant with the mask guidelines, a member of Blakeford’s management team will contact you. Please contact us if you need a mask.
Strict Social Distancing/No Gathering Guidelines:
- You will notice signage on the walls and placards in the tower floors and common areas where potential gatherings may occur. Please adhere to these guidelines when in the common areas.
- If you are noticed or reported to be repeatedly non-compliant with social distancing/no gathering guidelines, a member of Blakeford’s management team will contact you.
Hand Sanitizer and Hand Washing – Practice frequent hand sanitation procedures by washing your hands and using provided hand sanitizer.
Guest Rooms – Remain closed through Phase Four.
Common Area Furniture – Continues to be stored.
The News Room– Remains closed. All publications, communications, and other inter-Blakeford communications continue to be distributed to your apartment door ledge.
The Library– Reopens with limited capacity to browse and check out books. Two residents at a time may be in the Library at a time. No seating will be provided.
Wellness Center – We are opening up more appointment times each day. Contact Laura Anne Grayson, Wellness Coordinator, for more information and to reserve your time.
Life Enrichment, Wellness, and Spiritual Care Programs – Continue to be offered in the way they are currently being offered. In-person group activities and programs of any size will not be offered in this phase
Hospital Contact and Quarantine
You will no longer be required to quarantine in your apartment upon your return to Blakeford. We ask that you limit your exposure to other residents and refrain from coming into the Blakeford common areas unless necessary for 10-days from the time you arrive back at Blakeford.
Emergency Room Visit
- You will be required to quarantine for ten (10) days post-ER visit.
- You will not be permitted to come into the dining room or Blakeford common areas during this time. We can assist you with retrieving your mail and any other needs that would require you to visit the common areas.
Of course, the plan is fluid and is subject to change.
Similar to the city of Nashville’s four-phased re-opening plan, Blakeford has developed a plan to return to normal operations.
Given the susceptibility of Blakeford’s population to the most severe aspects of the COVID-19 virus, we will be more conservative than the city’s plan as to the timing of when certain activities are re-introduced. Our only motivation is to continue to protect our Blakeford residents as much as reasonably possible, while still transitioning back into “normal” operations.
Federal authorities regulate assisted living and skilled nursing (Burton Court and Woodcrest), so their re-opening plan will be significantly different than independent living. Most changes won’t occur in Burton Court and Woodcrest until at least Phase Four.