Phase Three Changes for Independent Living Starting Monday, June 22nd:
We will begin allowing limited guest visitation into Independent Living under the following parameters:
- Visitation days will alternate for each tower. See the schedule for your tower’s designated visitation days for the next two weeks of Phase Three.
- You may have two (2) adult (over the age of 18) guests visit on your designated day.
- Visitation will be allowed from 9:00 am until 7:00 pm. We ask that all visitors be out of the building by 7:00 pm.
- Given the inability of children to comply with safety procedures (distancing, mask, etc.) we are waiting for a future phase to allow children to visit the community.
- All guests (as well as yourself) are required to wear a mask at all times. We highly encourage you and your guest to keep your masks on when interacting in your apartment to mitigate your risk.
- All guests must the building at the main entrance and complete the Entry Screening Protocol at the Guest Registration Kiosk. (Note: The screening questions relate to the guest’s recent exposure to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and air travel within the past 14-days. If any answers prompt additional investigation into their responses, a member of Blakeford’s management team will respond and initiate an additional protocol to ensure the guest is safe to enter the community. If your guest is not permitted to enter the community, they will be notified at that time and asked to come back when they are able to meet the criteria
- Guests will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the building and after signing in at the Registration Kiosk.
- Guests will be required to have their temperature taken and logged into the Registration Kiosk.
- Guests will be restricted to visitation in your apartment and on the outside grounds. Guests will not be allowed in any other common area spaces including the dining room.
- All residents and guests will be required to comply with community policies related to social distancing and any other guidelines related to COVID-19.
We will increase the number of concurrent appointments in both salons from one (1) to two (2) under the following conditions:
- You are required to wear a mask during your appointment.
- You are required to have your temperature taken at the Front Entry Screening area before your appointment.
- Both salons are open for appointments for Independent Living Residents only. The stylists determine their schedules. If you wish to make an appointment, you should contact the stylist directly (leave a message on the voicemail):
- Janet- 615-665-9986
- Mary Beth- 615-665-9976
Grocery Shopping Services
Grocery Services will no longer be offered for all residents on a widespread basis in Phase Three. The transportation team will begin Kroger trips in Phase Three (see the transportation section for details). If you do not feel comfortable going to the grocery store, please contact the Front Desk to make a special request for grocery shopping services including a list of essential items you need. The boxes for shopping lists in the towers will no longer be used. If you require additional shopping assistance, please contact your loved ones to coordinate assistance or use delivery options provided by the store. You may also choose to use a delivery service such as Shipt, InstaCart, or Don Smithson’s Grocery Delivery Services.
Transportation will be expanded to include routine medical appointments and to grocery shopping at Kroger as follows:
- Call the Resident and Guest Services team at 615-665-3500 to schedule your medical appointment.
- One person/married couple at a time can be transported in the vehicles and drivers will be waiting at the appointment through conclusion. You must wear a mask while in the car and ride in the back seat.
- Kroger trips will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning at 1:00 pm. We will transport one resident/married couple at a time to Kroger in succession until all residents are at the store. We will repeat this process in reverse to bring everyone back. All residents must return to Blakeford by 4:00 pm. You must wear a mask while in the car and ride in the back seat and while shopping in the store.
Phase Three Changes for Independent Living Starting Tuesday, June 23rd:
Scarlett Nail Care Service
For Independent Living residents who previously used Scarlett Nails and had a regular appointment, Crystal Mesick has already contacted you or soon will be to schedule an appointment. If you have not previously used Scarlett Nails and would like to do so, you can contact Crystal directly at 615-289-2628.
Phase Three Changes for Independent Living Starting Wednesday, July 1st:
We are waiting to open the main dining room until the second week of Phase Three. The main dining room will reopen for lunch and dinner service (breakfast will remain on a to-go basis only) under the following conditions:
- Both lunch and dinner will have two (2) seating times as follows:
- Lunch – 11:00 am and 12:30 pm
- Dinner – 5:00 pm and 6:30 pm
- Meal time will be one (1) hour with a 30-minute sanitation of the dining room occurring between each meal time.
- Reservations will be required due to limited seating capacity. See below for information on how to make your reservation.
- For appropriate social distancing, only two (2) residents will be allowed per table with appropriate distancing between tables.
- We will provide either table service or chef table service in the evening according to the following schedule:
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights will be table service
- Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday will be chef table service
- Sunday will be brunch chef table and to-go only for dinner.
- Lunch will always be table service.
- Chef table service will include appropriate safety measures including staff serving all food items and using added equipment to protect the food from resident contact.
- You will be provided the menu one week in advance.
General Dining Room guidelines:
- No guests will be allowed to dine in the venue at this time.
- Sanitize your hands before entering and upon exit.
- Please wear your mask unless you are actively eating.
- Staff will wear gloves and masks during meal service.
NOTE: For those that want to continue to receive meals in their apartment rather than go to the dining room, we will continue to provide room service delivery of all meals without additional charge. The room service ordering and delivery process will remain the same as it is now.
Current guidelines that remain in effect in Phase Two:
- You are required to wear a mask any time you leave your apartment.
- If you are noticed or reported to be repeatedly non-compliant with the mask guidelines, a member of Blakeford’s management team will contact you. Please contact us if you need a mask.
Strict Social Distancing/No Gathering Guidelines:
- You will notice signage on the walls and placards in the tower floors and common areas where potential gatherings may occur. Please adhere to these guidelines when in the common areas.
- If you are noticed or reported to be repeatedly non-compliant with social distancing/no gathering guidelines, a member of Blakeford’s management team will contact you. Visitation between residents in apartments and lounges, gathering on the grounds between residents and/or loved ones, and gatherings in common areas/hallways are still not permitted.
Hand Sanitizer and Hand Washing – Practice frequent hand sanitation procedures by washing your hands and using provided hand sanitizer.
Guest Rooms – Remain closed through Phase Four.
Elevators – Limited to one rider at a time
Common Area Furniture – Continues to be stored.
The News Room– Remains closed. All publications, communications, and other inter-Blakeford communications continue to be distributed to your apartment door ledge.
The Library– Remains closed. Life Enrichment will continue to coordinate book checkout and exchanges by floor as noted in the Friday Flyers.
Wellness Center – By appointment only and limited to one resident/spouse at a time.
Life Enrichment, Wellness, and Spiritual Care Programs – Continue to be offered in the way they are currently being offered. In-person group activities and programs of any size will not be offered in this phase
Hospital Contact and Quarantine
If you go to a hospital emergency room, a procedure, or an admission/overnight stays, please inform us or have a family member inform us immediately about your departure as well as your return to Blakeford. Receiving this information is critical due to the elevated COVID-19 risk associated with hospital contact and the required quarantine guidelines that are in effect through at least Phase Three.
COVID-19 Test Results
We are pleased to share that, to date, we have had no positive tests among residents anywhere in Blakeford’s community. Thank you for doing your part in helping Blakeford’s residents continue to remain safe and healthy.
Of course, the plan is fluid and is subject to change.
Similar to the city of Nashville’s four-phased re-opening plan, Blakeford has developed a plan to return to normal operations.
Given the susceptibility of Blakeford’s population to the most severe aspects of the COVID-19 virus, we will be more conservative than the city’s plan as to the timing of when certain activities are re-introduced. Our only motivation is to continue to protect our Blakeford residents as much as reasonably possible, while still transitioning back into “normal” operations.
Federal authorities regulate assisted living and skilled nursing (Burton Court and Woodcrest), so their re-opening plan will be significantly different than independent living. Most changes won’t occur in Burton Court and Woodcrest until at least Phase Four.