Similar to the city of Nashville’s four-phased re-opening plan, Blakeford has developed a plan to return to normal operations.
Given the susceptibility of Blakeford’s population to the most severe aspects of the COVID-19 virus, we will be more conservative than the city’s plan as to the timing of when certain activities are re-introduced. Our only motivation is to continue to protect our Blakeford residents as much as reasonably possible, while still transitioning back into “normal” operations.
Federal authorities regulate assisted living and skilled nursing (Burton Court and Woodcrest), so their re-opening plan will be significantly different than independent living. Most changes won’t occur in Burton Court and Woodcrest until at least Phase Four.
Phase Two Guidelines for Independent Living
U.S. mail room will re-open
- We have placed “Social Distancing” floor stickers down the hall outside of the mail room. Please stand on the stickers as you move up the line until it is your turn to enter the mail room.
- Only one person will be allowed into the mail room at a time.
- Once you retrieve your mail, we ask that you return to your apartment and do not continue to remain and gather in the common areas.
Newspaper delivery – Newspaper delivery personnel will be allowed into the building to deliver your newspapers. They will be screened according to our current entry screening protocol.
Blakeford Salons will re-open
- It is limited to one client in the salon at a time.
- Both salons will be open for appointments for Independent Living Residents only during Phase Two.
- A thorough sanitation process will be followed in between each client.
Current guidelines that remain in effect in Phase Two:
- You are required to wear a mask any time you leave your apartment.
- If you are noticed or reported to be repeatedly non-compliant with the mask guidelines, a member of Blakeford’s management team will contact you. Please contact us if you need a mask.
Strict Social Distancing/No Gathering Guidelines:
- You will notice signage on the walls and placards in the tower floors and common areas where potential gatherings may occur. Please adhere to these guidelines when in the common areas.
- If you are noticed or reported to be repeatedly non-compliant with social distancing/no gathering guidelines, a member of Blakeford’s management team will contact you. Visitation between residents in apartments and lounges, gathering on the grounds between residents and/or loved ones, and gatherings in common areas/hallways are still not permitted.
Hand Sanitizer and Hand Washing – Practice frequent hand sanitation procedures by washing your hands and using provided hand sanitizer.
Guest Rooms – Remain closed through Phase Four.
Elevators – Limited to one rider at a time
Common Area Furniture – Continues to be stored.
Dining Services – The Dining Room and Bistro remain closed. Meal ordering and delivery services to your apartment door ledge continue.
The News Room– Remains closed. All publications, communications, and other inter-Blakeford communications continue to be distributed to your apartment door ledge.
The Library– Remains closed. Life Enrichment will continue to coordinate book checkout and exchanges by floor as noted in the Friday Flyers.
Wellness Center – By appointment only and limited to one resident/spouse at a time.
Life Enrichment, Wellness, and Spiritual Care Programs – Continue to be offered in the way they are currently being offered. In-person group activities and programs of any size will not be offered in this phase
- Guest visitation into the community is prohibited.
- Inter-community Visitation Between Levels of Care at Blakeford – Continues to be prohibited. (e.g., you may not visit a resident in Woodcrest, a resident from Woodcrest may not visit you, etc.).
Grocery Shopping Services – Continue the same schedule and process as is currently offered by Blakeford.
Package Delivery – Continue to be delivered to your apartment door ledge by Blakeford’s team continues
Outgoing Mail and Packages – Continue to be retrieved from the tower floor service tables. Do not bring your outgoing mail and packages to the front desk until further notice.
Transportation services – Services are offered to necessary doctor’s appointments only. One resident at a time will be transported, and the driver will remain with you in the vehicle at the location of your appointment until the appointment is complete.
Hospital Contact and Quarantine
If you go to a hospital emergency room, a procedure, or an admission/overnight stays, please inform us or have a family member inform us immediately about your departure as well as your return to Blakeford. Receiving this information is critical due to the elevated COVID-19 risk associated with hospital contact and the required quarantine guidelines that are in effect through at least Phase Three.
COVID-19 Test Results
We are pleased to share that, to date, we have had no positive tests among residents anywhere in Blakeford’s community. Thank you for doing your part in helping Blakeford’s residents continue to remain safe and healthy.
Of course, the plan is fluid and is subject to change.