This position will perform day to day maintenance and repair.
The ideal candidate for this job will have 1 to 3 years of previous experience.
We reward full time employees with a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, LTD, STD, life, and 403b as well as 21 paid days off per year.
TITLE: Maintenance Technician
DEPARTMENT: Plant Operations
SUPERVISOR: Maintenance Director
POSITION GOAL: Under the direction of the Maintenance Director, the Maintenance Technician maintains the grounds, facility and equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current federal, state and local guidelines governing the Blakeford at Green Hills, to aid in assuring that the facility is maintained in a neat, safe and comfortable manner.
ENVIRONMENT: The Blakeford at Green Hills provides multiple levels of care and services to its residents, through a continuing care plan, in an attractive surrounding while offering an array of personal services and activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Maintenance Technician:
- Performs day-to-day routine maintenance and repair required to maintain the facility, building and equipment in good working condition including: Heating equipment, refrigeration and air conditioners, ventilating equipment, boiler and water systems, washers and dryers, emergency power generators and vehicles, carpentry, furniture repair and small scale remodeling, refinishing or redecorating of furniture and equipment, appliances, and other mechanical/electrical equipment as required.
- Assists in assuring that the facility and its equipment is properly maintained for resident and employee comfort, safety and convenience.
- Keeps work area free of hazardous conditions, i.e., grease/oil spills, cleans and properly stores equipment, tools, and supplies and reports all unsafe conditions and defective equipment to supervisor immediately.
- Receives and follows established maintenance schedule.
- Interacts with co-workers, physicians, residents and all other customers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the facility and promotes positive customer relations.
- Supports the facility’s mission statement by dependability in attendance, punctuality, maintaining confidentiality, the timely completion of assignments, and attention to principles of professional ethics and quality service.
- Has a commitment to professional and personal growth through development of skills and knowledge, as well as improvement in the facility’s performance.
- Ensures the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all residents is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Director.
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP:
Routine duties are performed with minimal supervision; occasional checks of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED; three to six years related experience and/or training.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to residents, and other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standard situations.
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Basic computer skills required
Job Type: Full-time
- Nashville, TN
- High school or equivalent
- Maintenance Technician: 1 year